Welcome to 16900 Neeley Road in Guerneville, CA
Open House Schedule:
- Saturday 8/17 from 2pm – 4pm
- Sunday 8/18 from 12pm – 2pm
Prominent riverfront on Neeley Road! The original detailing in this historic lodge is delightful. Warm afternoon sun lights up your magical old growth redwood living room with rough-hewn beams. Your oversized stone fireplace burns bright. Knotty pine bedrooms grace this home. The hot tub is completely private with a view of the stars. Your back deck overlooks the majestic almost half acre of yard sweeping down to the sweet spot on the lazy, softer side of the river. The permanent dock on the river channel is a kayaker and sun worshiper’s delight. An additional fenced lot provides privacy and space. Perfect full time living or staycation. Live the life you’ve always dreamed! Your House Matters.
Offered at $1,300,000.
“CasaLanguida” – built in 1935 FEATURES
- Glorious Riverfront on almost a half-acre, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths raised above flood
- Old growth clear heart redwood in living room
- Knotty pine bedrooms
- Updated kitchen
- Fabulous wagon wheel light in living room
- Stunning rock fireplace
- Redwood barn door leading supersized deck
- Beautiful yard leading down to dock on the channel of the river
- Private Hot tub
- Second lot – 16910 Neeley is included, creating permanent privacy with .10 of an acre.Offered at $1,300,000.
From the Owners
The house was originally built in 1935 by the first curator of Golden Gate Park. It only had the living room, bedroom, bathroom, and partial kitchen. It was sold sometime in the ’50’s to the first president of Sonoma State, who lived there with his family until about 1970, when the house was again sold to an investor. I rented the house in the summer of 1971when Dana and I moved from Los Angeles to take teaching jobs in Sonoma County. The following spring, 1972, we bought the house, and have owned it continuously until now. We married there, raised our three kids there, taught there until retirement, and continued to live there while traveling the world. So, we have lived in the house 48 years, and have owned it for 47 years!